'Rose Garden' - Kraft + July 2017

10:00 AM

Life has been chaos, of the best kind, for the last 4 months and I wouldn't change it for the world. It has, however, meant a backwards step to just about all of my creative time and projects (and that to-do list is just getting longer and longer!! And as for those 32 draft blog posts, I guess they just have to wait their turn). Because of this, I haven't scrapped a 12x12 page this year, so far.... until now.

Enter the July Kraft + challenge. I am guest scrapping this month for Scrapbooking Delights, and, as much as the challenge really threw me, I am so proud of what I have produced.

The theme this month is Roses 3 ways, inspired by Masterchef challenges. For someone that doesn't use roses very often, I was originally very overwhelmed by the criteria. It played on my mind for the best part of 3 weeks before I was finally happy with the 3 roses components in my mind... Making them work and how they would go together was a case of waiting and seeing what I could find in my stash, and how it fell onto the page. Lets just say that it is a really good thing that I am no competing on Masterchef if it took me that long to work it out!!

Here is the challenge poster


And here is my 12x12 layout based on the challenge. And I am happy to say that this photo was from a year 12 formal photo shoot I did last year (and have watched this beautiful woman grow from a 5 year old).


My roses 3 ways are the photo of the rose, the word rose in the title and the flower embellishment.


This chipboard is from Dusty Attic and it is just beautiful, I need more for my stash. And I love the little yellow butterflies I punched to match the Prima flowers.


The alpha is an old 'colour your own' from Heidi Swap and I was able to paint it and the chipboard the same using Tim Holtz paint so that it flows across the page.

I am very happy with this layout and, even though it took a bit to pull together, I think being time poor made me not over think it. Just stick it down and move on.

Jump over to the Kraft + website to see the design teams wonderful work and have a go yourself.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images